Friday, January 21, 2011

Chuck Lorre

I have a recurring dream that I have been drafted to play on an NBA team. This is very upsetting because I cannot really play basketball. I mean, I play pretty much how you would expect a middle aged Jewish comedy writer to play. The words clumsy, hesitant, clueless short and frightened come to my mind. During the dream I am well aware of my grotesque lack of talent. I run up and down the court hoping the ball does not come my way, all the while wondering why the coach does not take me out. Even me executing an uncontested lay-up or free throw seems like an impossible or an unlikely event. Assuming dreams work like a metaphor and I am not really subconsciously afraid of having to go mano a mano with Kobe or LeBron, the question I find myself asking is what in my life do i feel fully engaged in yet completely unqualified for? The answer is simple; intimate relationships. Once again the words clumsy, clueless, short and frightened come to my mind. Well, not short... average.

No comments: