Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Only the mediocre are always at their best.
- Jean Giraudoux
This is so true. Everyone wants to be above average but do not understand that for the term "average" to exist there should be equal number of people below it. No one is at their best all the time.
Let is take things as we find them; let us not distort them into what they are not. We cannot make facts. All our wishing cannot change them. We must use them.
- John Henry Cardinal Newman
Now I liked this one. I have been listening to people say shit about what should be ideal and that the ideal solution is only the ideal solution without accounting for reality. This quote just reflects and emphasizes what I want to say.
And this one is just too cool:-
The governments view of the economy can be summed up in few short phrases; If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, regulate it.
- Ronald Reagan
Saturday, November 14, 2009
What is similar and should be noted that these men, inspite of knowing the perils to their life, put the country at the highest priority.
And also that people like Vaidya are forever remembered by people who know the value of his contribution, by acknowledging him 23 years down the line in some country other than his own.
- General Sarath Fonseka (CDS of Sri-Lankan defence forces and a beloved war hero for the Lankans)
General Fonseka , in my opinion truly resembles the ultra nationalist who is one of the rare few who have a vision for their country. Even if this statement clearly displays his racial bias against the Tamils, he looks like the person who knows what should be done and has the power to do whatever should be done to lead his country into being a successful one; one with equality and justuce for people of all races.
Fonseka wants to quit the army and serve the nation in some other capacity, that of the president. May he become that and may we have everlasting peace in atleast one of our neighbouring country
Friday, November 13, 2009
Rediff posed this question to people and I decided to dig deep into the answers 3 men came up with.
Man 1 says(name withheld to protect privacy although you can google this article up and find who the fuck he is)
1. I shall travel all the world by plane.
2. I shall date as many girls as I can.
3. I want to kiss Aishwarya Rai.
4. I want to taste non-vegetarian food to see how it feels, because I am vegetarian.
5. I shall leave my job and go home to live with my family in my village.
6. I shall stop doing everything else and give all my time to my wife and daughter.
7. I shall go to gambling bars and play upto such a time that I have either nothing left to lose or win so much that I go to sleep right there.
8. I shall attend the marriages of all my relatives, which I used to miss when I had my job.
9. I shall buy a car and drive it for as long as I can.
10. I shall play cartoon games so as to remain happy upto the end of life.
See the order of the highlighted answers.
Also see Man 2:
1. Keep reducing my extra weight and get slim before I die.
2. Have sex for 1-2 weeks.
3. Resign from my job and spend time with my parents.
4. Spend time with disabled children.
5. Fly a fighter jet (getting permission to do so somehow).
6. Roam extensively around India to all religious places.
7. Visit the most haunted place in India.
8. Tell the girl I love how I feel and ask for a date.
9. Eat the most exotic vegetarian delicacies in India.
Again he got the order wrong.
Man 3 is a little less pervert
1. Spend most of the time with my wife and kids.
2. Visit America's Las Vegas.
3. Liquidate all my investments.
4. Slap all my foes.
5. Fall in love.
6. Throw a party and invite everybody in town.
7. Fly a fighter plane.
8. Stop going to work.
9. Dance will all good-looking girls.
10. Die near water, holding my kids' hands.
You can clearly see that men love sex more than anything else!!!!!