Sunday, May 14, 2006

RUPEES 4

That day i had been to my college for my FYJC results. I was exited as I was going to meet my friends after a long time. For the results we were supposed to bring along with us a receit worth RS. 1000 which had been given to us by the college for charity as it had turned a 100 years old. I had completely forgotten about that. when I reached the college my friend reminded me about that slip. We decided to turn back and get the slip. As there was much rush and there wasn't much time to lose, we decided to skip buying tickets. We somehow managed to save ourselves from the eyes of the TTE. Later we took the slip and went back to college and all was fine. A couple of days earlier I had made a decision that I would make an extra effort to save money. So at the end of the day I was hapy that I had managed to save RS. 4(that means an extra cup of coffee for me). While coming back I decided to take the bus route. Just as I got down from the bus I don't know what happened but I had an immense feeling of guilty. I had cheated my own goverment just for rs. 4. I felt ashamed of myself. I decided that I would give RS. 4 to a beggar that day(something which I was never used to doing). Incidentally the very next moment I met an old man who came up to me and told that he had lost his money in an accident and needed some money for bus fare(generally it is RS. 5 or 6). I promptly handed him the money and eased the burden on me. That day I travelled ticketless(I have never ever done that and I strongly despise doing that), I decided to come by the bus route back home(I rarely do that as I believe train saves time), I had pangs of guilty(I am a very shameless person) and I found someone to hand over the money. Was it coincidence or was there a divine hand involved?

No comments: